The GOI has ordered that the PAN card be linked to each bank account. Account holders are advised to link their PAN number via a bank branch by filling in the form. Even if the newly opened accounts are already linked to the PAN by requesting the required document when opening the account. However, for SBI customers, the connection to the PAN card is fast and can be done online via the internet banking website. This guide explains how to link a PAN card to an online SBI account via Internet banking.
PAN card connection requirements with SBI online account –
- You must know the SBI internet banking username.
- SBI net banking password.
- SBI net banking profile password.
A] Link to SBI PAN card: How to link PAN card with SBI Online account?
All you have to do before starting the steps below is your SBI Internet Banking login ID and password. If you do not have access to internet banking, you can request and activate SBI online banking online or offline.
- First, open the SBI website online on your computer / smartphone – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Now click on the Login button on the screen and then click on the next screen to continue logging in.
- Log in to the site now with your username and password.
- To log in, enter the OTP received to your registered mobile number.
- On the taskbar, click E-Services from the horizontal main menu. Link your bank card to your sbi online account
- Step 5: On the new screen you will see the various services offered by SBI. Click on the option to register the PAN.
SBI PAN card link: How to link the PAN card with the SBI online account?
- Now enter your profile password in the space provided.
- Now select your account number and then enter the PAN number to link to the account. Click on the register pan in sbi
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now enter “OTP Received” to your registered mobile number.
- You will now receive a message that says – “Your PAN update request has been received.”
- With these simple steps, you can easily link your PAN card online to your SBI account.
However, if you do not have an internet banking account, you can link your PAN card to your SBI account offline by visiting any SBI department.
How can you check the link status of a PAN sbi account?
In the PAN registration option, click on the ‘Status’ tab
You can view link status as in progress, accepted or rejected, etc.
B] How to link PAN card with SBI offline account?
- Go to the SBI department where you have your account.
- Visit the help desk and request the PAN link form.
- Fill in the form correctly by entering the mentioned data, such as account number, registered mobile number, address and finally the PAN number.
- Be sure to sign the document in the space provided at the bottom of the form, and then submit the form to the counter.
- The bank manager will verify your information and update the PAN number in your account. Your PAN card will be linked to your SBI account within 3 business days.
The link to the SBI PAN online card is very simple and you can do it from home. Although you can do it with your smartphone. If internet banking is not available, you can link the PAN card to an SBI account at the banking department.