UMass SPIRE is the University of Massachusetts Amherst’s pupil data machine. It permits college students to check in for lessons, control housing assignments, college finances, and extra.
The SPIRE login web page additionally consists of hyperlinks to different UMass Amherst gear and services (such as e mail, moodle, UMass instructional calendar, blackboard, peoplefinder, and the go.umass net app) on the pinnacle proper of the web page.
How to log into UMass spire
To log in,
- Navigate to spire.umass.edu
- Enter your NetID (IT Account consumer call)
- Enter your password
- Click on Go to log into SPIRE.
- From the SPIRE Menu, choose IT Accounts > My IT Accounts to view your account info.
- Use your 8-digit SPIRE ID in place of your NetID to go browsing to SPIRE in case your NetID has expired.
- NetIDs usually stay withinside the machine for 6 months after a pupil leaves UMass.
View your instructional necessities report
Under the Academics heading for your Student Center, discover the alternative instructional… drop-down listing to the left of your Class Schedule. Click the unmarried down-pointing arrow to look the drop-down listing options. Select Academic Requirements and click on the double arrow button. The My Academic Requirements web page opens. For extra data, see the Academic Requirements Report.
(different option: Use the My Academic Requirements web page to look what diploma necessities you’ve got got left to finish to graduate and what you’ve got got already completed (Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Students such as UWW Students).
The Class Schedule web page lists all of the lessons which you have delivered on your schedule, collectively with the lessons which you dropped or for that you are waitlisted. You can Search, Add, Drop, Swap, and Edit lessons from the Class Schedule web page.
Your NetID (IT Account consumer call) is your number one consumer call for all IT services. This is the equal ID which you use to get right of entry to campus e mail or the campus network. Your NetID is a case-touchy ID primarily based totally for your first and/or closing call; it isn’t your Social Security Number or your 8-digit ID out of your UCard.
Your NetID serves because the number one consumer call in your IT Account and offers you get right of entry to to the campus network, UMass SPIRE, e mail, and lots, lots extra.
Forgot your NetID?
Applicants: We will e mail you your NetID and a transient password. On the UMass SPIRE Logon web page, beneathneath IT Accounts (proper aspect of the web page), click on Password & NetID Help.
Students, Faculty & Staff: Come to the IT Help Center (A109, LGRC Lowrise, M – F, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.) or the Learning Commons Technical Support Desk with prolonged hours (Lower degree of W.E.B. Du Bois Library) or touch the IT Help Center. Don’t overlook your UCard!
Your NetID password
Your NetID password offers get right of entry to on your private data which includes your e mail, UMass SPIRE account, or documents saved on Box. To shield your private data, do now no longer proportion your NetID password with anyone.
Forgot your passwords?
On the SPIRE Logon web page, beneathneath IT Accounts (proper aspect of the web page), click on NetID & Password Help to retrieve your password reminder or get a brand new transient password.
Note: To get a transient password, you want to have e mail forwarding set in your e mail account or a non-UMass e mail cope with saved in SPIRE. (To upload a non-UMass e mail cope with, log in to UMass SPIRE, then visit SPIRE navigation > Personal Information > Email Addresses.)
Stop via way of means of the IT Help Center (A109 LGRC Lowrise, M – F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) or the Learning Commons Technical Support Desk with prolonged hours (Lower degree of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library) with a photo ID.
How to alternate your password
- Log directly to UMass SPIRE together along with your NetID and password.
- From the SPIRE navigation, select My SPIRE > Change My Password. The Password closing modified on subject will display the date and time while you closing modified your password.
- Enter your new password withinside the fields supplied and click on Change IT Password. Make certain your password meets our necessities for robust passwords.
- To alternate your password for a Course Account or Subsidiary Account, visit IT Accounts > My IT Accounts, click on the account call, then comply with the activates at the screen.
View your SPIRE ID
- From the SPIRE Menu, choose IT Accounts > My IT Accounts.
- From the SPIRE Menu, choose My Personal Information > Demographic Info.
- From the SPIRE Menu, choose My SPIRE > Change My Password.
- For college students, from the SPIRE Menu, choose My Personal Information > Work Contact Info.