IDFC Bank offers its debit card customers access to cash withdrawals and online transactions. Unfortunately, if you lose or misplace your card, it’s a good idea to protect it. To prevent misuse of the card and loss of money, it is necessary to block the card. You can temporarily or permanently block your main IDFC bank debit card by sitting at home instead of going to the bank. In this article, we will see how to block IDFC First Debit Card online without internet.
Things required to block IDFC First Bank Debit Card
- Mobile Number – You must have the mobile number registered in the bank
- IDFC bank App login – If you want to block and request a new debit card through a bank app, then you should know the app login (OR register using a mobile number)
- IDFC bank net banking user ID and password – If you want to block and request a new debit card through Internet Banking, you should know the User ID and Password for internet banking login.
Methods to block IDFC bank Debit card Instantly
- By sending SMS
- By Calling Customer Care
- via IDFC Mobile Banking App
- Via IDFC Internet Banking
- Through Whatsapp Banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block IDFC First Bank Debit card by sending SMS
- Open the SMS app on your mobile with the registered mobile number.
- Type the following SMS –
- IDFC first Bank Debit card block SMS – Type BLOCK <Space> <Last 4 digits of card number> send this SMS to 9289289960 OR 5676732
- After sending an SMS, your debit card will be blocked instantly.
Method 2 – Block IDFC bank debit card by Calling Customer Care
- Dial the following number from your registered mobile number –
- IDFC First bank Customer Care – 1800 419 4332
- Once the call gets connected, select Block Debit Card option from the IVRS menu.
- Now, select the Temporary Block or Permanent Block option.
- We provide detailed information about you to our customers.
- Your card will be blocked immediately.
Method 3 – Block First IDFC Debit Card Using Whatsapp
- You cannot call from the phone number listed at the number below.
- IDFC First Bank Whatsapp Phone Number – 95555 55555
- You can now receive Whatsapp messages on Whatsapp company service provided by IDFC First Bank.
- Select the “Block card using Mob” option. Block the first IDFC bank debit in the menu.
- Enter the last four digits of the card you wish to block. You will now receive an OTP for your mobile number.
- Access this OTP through WhatsApp.
- The card is currently blocked.
Method 4 – Block First IDFC Debit Card Using Mobile Banking App
- Download the ISDC First Banking Mobile Banking application from your smartphone.
- Enter your mobile number and OTP to register the application. Enter your 4-digit PIN to access the app.
- Tap the menu icon on the right side of the screen.
- Tap the Debit Card option, then select Block Debit Card. block first idfc bank debit card using mobile app
- You can now tap to block temporarily or permanently.
Method 5 – Block IDFC’s First Online Financial Card
- Enter your username and password to access your online banking account. – https://my.idfcfirstbank.com/login
- Click Debit Card Options in the left menu, then click Block/Unblock Card Options.
- On the new screen, you can choose to block temporarily or permanently.
- To permanently block the card, enter the reason for blocking due to card damage or card loss/theft. You can also choose to request a new card.
Easily block IDFC main bank debit card without internet via SMS or phone. You can also temporarily or permanently block debit cards on your smartphone using the mobile app and internet banking. If you have any questions about “how to block IDFC primary bank debit card immediately” for this guide, please let us know in the comments below.