Messaging apps have become our favorite way to communicate and provide the ability to connect with friends anytime, anywhere.
The most popular of these are Facebook, WhatsApp, Wickr, and Viber, but one app recently appeared to disrupt business by claiming to be the most secure. Here is an app called Telegram Messenger.
Since its creation in August 2013, it is now used by more than 500 million people. This app was developed by entrepreneur Pavel Durov. Telegram has been popular in countries like Iran and Russia, where the government has tried to ban it on several occasions.
But with WhatsApp’s policy change, Durov saw the benefits of Telegram in early 2021, claiming that 25 million new users logged in in just 72 hours.
Why should you want to delete your Telegram Account
Telegram has been used in the courier industry for many years, gaining hundreds of millions of users and blocked in many countries. However, skepticism has been raised by the Telegram for security and privacy.
For example, messaging apps don’t use end-to-end encryption by default. It’s a shameful move that gives businesses the preference for security and personal service. This is in stark contrast to its competitors Signal and WhatsApp, which have end-to-end encryption enabled as a starting point for messages, voice and video calls.
Telegram’s security concerns are well known. In December 2019, many Russians found their Telegram accounts hacked, meaning snoopers could read private messages and group chats. Likewise, there were allegations of censorship of thousands of Telegram accounts during the 2019 attacks in Hong Kong.
There are issues with Telegram’s security architecture as well. The company uses an internal encryption protocol called MTProto, not the open source version. The reliability of the cryptographic versions means that the process has not been self-identified by security experts. In addition, this program may not provide notification. Another mysterious crystal.
These upgrades are enough to make all Telegram users fear for their privacy and security. Read on to find out how to safely delete your Telegram account.
Some Features of Telegram
You must use Telegram app as messenger due to its excellent features:
- Telegram is simple enough that you already know how to use it.
- You can access the chat from various devices.
- The information is highly encrypted and can cause personal harm.
- Send messages faster than any other app.
- There is no limit to the size of the show and the discussion.
- Protect your information from hacker attacks.
- The Telegram group can have up to 200,000 members.
How to deactivate Telegram permanently Using the self-destruct setting
As part of our security feature, your Telegram account can be configured to terminate after a downtime. The activation period is fixed at 6 months, and if you do not log into your Telegram account at that time, your account will be deleted and the conversation will be lost forever.
You cannot turn off these features, but you can set your account suspension time from 1 to 12 months. One way to terminate your account is to set it to automatically terminate after one month, then wait. You can do it by following these steps:
- Open your Telegram app and go to Settings.
- Choose Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down and tap If Away For.
- Choose 1 month and that’s it!
If you don’t want to wait for your account to self-destruct, you can take delete your account manually.The initial setting is 6 months. This means that Telegram will automatically delete your account if you are not working during this period. However, choose 1 month less for this period. Accessing the telegram at this time will restart the clock, otherwise you will have to wait longer.
How to deactivate Telegram permanently Using the web browser
As mentioned earlier, there is no way to immediately delete your telegram number from a cell phone. But if you don’t want to wait a month for self-destruction, you can delete it from the site in a matter of minutes.To do this:
- Navigate to the Disable Telegram page in your web browser. This method works on your computer or mobile phone.
- Enter the same phone number you used to sign up for Telegram. It must start with the country followed by the number (XXXXXX).
- Enter your phone number and you will receive a message from the Telegram app itself. Text SMS messages never come, so don’t trust him. Once you have received the numbers, return to your browser’s standby page, enter the numbers in the fields and click on Subscribe.
- At this point, Telegram will ask you why you want to cancel the service. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site. This is optional and does not affect the ability to delete applications. You must select Done for the next step.
- Telegram will ultimately encourage you to continue using the Services. To delete Telegram, click Yes, I will delete my account.
- o yes! You need to confirm that your Telegram account has been deleted and the app no longer exists.
If you want to re-register with Telegram, you may have to wait a few days before you can re-register.