According to the latest data from the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Airtel is one of the largest telecommunications carriers in India and has the second largest market share for wireless subscribers. On January 31, 2021, Airtel added 5.8 million new wireless subscribers.
This is the highest among the major Indian carriers such as Reliance Jio, Vodafone and BSNL. Airtel offers a number of services for prepaid and prepaid subscribers. One of them is a ringtone, or Hello Tunes called by Airtel. Like ringtones, Hello Tunes allows callers to listen to selected music instead of ringtones until they answer the call.
Airtel customers need the Wynk Music app to set up Hello Tune. Please note that prepaid customers can set up Hello Tune for free with an unlimited plan. Other prepaid customers have to pay rupees. 19 per month if you only turn on the HelloTune service. With this in mind, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to set up a Hello Tune for your Airtel number.
Steps to Set Hello Tunes on Airtel Mobile Number Using the Wynk Music App
If you’re using Airtel, you can easily set up Hello Tunes using the Wynk Music app. This feature is available to prepaid and postpaid customers. The best part is that you don’t have to pay to set the call melody on your Airtel number. That said, you can use the Wynk Music app to set a ringtone for your Airtel number.
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for the Wynk Music app.
- Download the application and install it on your Android or iPhone device.
- Register with your Airtel mobile number and enter the OTP sent to the registered number.
- After logging in, you can go to the Airtel Hello Tunes option on your home screen.
- Here you can search for your favorite song that you want to set as your ringtone.
- When you’re done, tap the song and select Activate for Free.
- This activates Airtel Hello Tunes.
Steps to Activate Airtel Hello Tunes With Airtel Web Service
With the help of Wynk Music Web Services, you can choose songs from Bollywood, Regional, International, Wacky Sound, Pure Instrumental and more. Follow a simple 3-step process to set your favorite greeting melody to a number.
- Go to the Airtel Hello tune web service and select a song from the list.
- Click the “Set Hellotune Free” icon to set your favorite song.
- Next, enter your Airtel mobile number to get the melody password (OTP).
- After confirmation, Airtel’s Hello Tune Service will be activated with your number.
Steps to Deactivate Hello Tunes?
You can disable or remove Hello Tunes at any time after using it. The company offers the option to remove the caller’s melody from the Wynk music program. Here’s how you can do it:
Open the Wynk Music app and click the Hello Tune icon in the search bar. From there, go to the Hello admin screen and click on the three dots on the map at the top. You will be given the option to stop “Stop Hello Tune”. Click on it to stop the HelloTune service on your Airtel mobile number.